Saturday 11 December 2010

Magazine Junky

  I have a confession to make. I am utterly and completely addicted to magazines. The pile by my bed grows each week with my regular magazine subscriptions and the ones I have collected in my travels from Mag Nation, Borders and various newsagents.

The thing is - I just LOVE reading them. When I get the chance to that is. Little snippets of inspiration, new sewing techniques or crafty tips and tricks, ideas for decorating the house, following trends on colour and design and just generally keeping track of themes in what people are buying, creating and loving.

A few favourites of late are the brand new Anthology magazine, definitely SPACES - I am totally loving that, the french Marie Claire Ideas and also a big LOVE for me is Selvedge.

At the moment I have about 20 magazines waiting to be read on my bedside table....a sign of the times perhaps? You could say I am somewhat time poor at the moment and unfortunately by the time my head actually gets anywhere near my pillow I am already asleep standing up, talk about living life to the fullest.....my dream at the moment is to find one whole day where I could just lounge about and stay in bed drinking cups of tea, eating delicious morsels of yummy things and reading magazines for a whole day - uninterrupted! Actually - that would be my idea of the best Christmas present ever at the moment. Perhaps if I am really good all year - I may actually get this gift next Christmas in 2011. For now I'll just have to settle for my magazine fix - in little hits here and there in between my here and now.

5 comments:

Lark said...

As usual, your post sounds just like me!! I give my mags a very quick scan then they go by the bedside waiting for time that I never have! I am a fellow addict x

Morgan Wills said...

Thank goodness for that ;-) Good to know I have a fellow addict as a friend - makes me feel somewhat better! x

Crayon Chick said...

Me too! Even with my treasured stack waiting for my final order to be out I have magazine envy with your stack!

Frankie and Ray said...

Ah, I'm another one...I used to read them in the bath, now I don't have a bath in the house they're kind of backing up! Keeping my fingers crossed for some lovely beach time under the umbrella to catch up...sigh...if it ever stops raining that is1

Morgan Wills said...

Glad I am keeping such good company...they say great minds think alike!