Thursday 23 April 2009

Craft Markets

I have always loved craft markets. As a girl my parents took me to the Red Hill market and over the years I have been to countless markets as a visitor and in the last few years as a stallholder.

About four years ago I had an idea to start a local craft market in the small suburb of Seddon where I live. I had met many talented local artists and craftspeople who were all looking for an outlet to sell and showcase their work and I too wanted that opportunity for myself – close to home.

By networking within the community and meeting like-minded individuals – eventually after about two years of talking about it to anyone who would listen - the Maribyrnong Makers Market (MMM) was born.

Now up and running and in its second year – the MMM has become a fantastic quarterly ‘must come to’ event. Run by a Committee of dedicated volunteers – the MMM is a not for profit community based craft market which showcases the beautiful and high quality work of our local crafts people and artists.

Each market as I finish setting up my stall – I whip around to marvel at all the beautiful things our stallholders have been crafting…..what a clever bunch of people!

The next market is on

Saturday 2 May - 10am to 3pm
Seddon Uniting Church Hall
Cnr Gamon & Mackay Sts
Seddon - Mel Ref 42 A7


I’d love to see you there!

More information on the market can be obtained from our website www.maribyrnongmakersmarket.com.au

No comments: