Tuesday 5 January 2010

Laughing


According to legend, if one rubs the Laughing Buddha's great belly, it brings forth wealth, good luck, and prosperity. If only I could rub my post baby belly and get the same results……

I love having a good laugh……in fact I can remember times over my life – especially when I was a little girl – when I would laugh so much, that I would roll around on the floor, crying and clutching at my tummy which had started to hurt because I was laughing so much….almost to the point I think of wetting my pants (although I never did).

Who knows what I was laughing about…..sometimes the smallest of things tickle my fancy and it sets me off. For those of you who know me – you would probably say I have a fairly loud and distinctive laugh – I do love the contagious aspect of laughter where something gets you laughing and then the sound of your laughing gets someone else laughing and so on.

Nothing works faster or more dependably to bring your mind and body back into balance than a good laugh. Humor lightens your burdens, inspires hopes, connects you to others, and keeps you grounded, focused, and alert. Laughter makes you feel good. And the good feeling that you get when you laugh remains with you even after the laughter subsides. Humor helps us keep a positive, optimistic outlook through difficult situations, disappointments and loss.

I think one essential quality that helps us laugh is not taking ourselves too seriously. The ability to laugh, play, and have fun with others not only makes life more enjoyable – it also helps you solve problems, connect with others, and be more creative.

So on that note – let’s make 2010 the year of laughter and to not taking yourself too seriously.

I’ll leave you with a bad joke - which always makes me laugh – no matter how many times I hear it!

Q. What is pink and wrinkly and hangs out your undies?

A. Your Grandma

2 comments:

Frankie and Ray said...

I couldn't agree more! Cracked myself up today referring to the Ian Potter Gallery as the...Harry Potter Gallery. Yes, true!
On that note, a HAPPY new year to you.

Trish Gavegan said...

Dearest Morgs,

Your infectious laugh has always attracted good fortune to you and I recall your grandmother often commenting on how much she enjoyed your company, because of your laughter…….. I’m sure this is the reason you have never lacked for friendship

Your life is filled with love and laughter ….seems to me that whenever you have really ‘needed’ something the universe has sent it your way.

You put such joy, energy and enthusiasm into everything you do, so you deserve a fulfilling, abundant life

I wish you great wealth, good luck and prosperity always 

xoxomum