Sunday 10 January 2010

Lavender


Lavender's blue, dilly dilly, lavender's green,
When I am king, dilly, dilly, you shall be queen.
Who told you so, dilly, dilly, who told you so?
'Twas my own heart, dilly, dilly, that told me so.


One of my favourite scents of all time would have to be lavender. I am a huge fan of handmade lavender soap and of course LOVE lavender hand cream.

A well-loved Mediterranean herb, lavender has been associated with cleanliness since Romans first added it to their bathwater. In fact, the name comes from the Latin lavandus, meaning to wash. A Christian legend says that lavender originally had no odor, but since the Virgin Mary dried Jesus’s swaddling clothes on it, it has had a heavenly perfume. Essential oil of lavender is now known to have many applications in aromatherapy.

Most days in the morning I use a spritz of Jurlique’s Lavender hydrating mist on my face before I put my moisturizer on – the smell of which I find so uplifting…..lucky for me it has become a Christmas tradition on my lovely husbands part, to replenish my stocks for the year ahead.

Where would I be without my King?

No comments: