Monday 16 February 2009

Bob Dylan

I must have been about 16 when I discovered Bob Dylan. His lyrics are what did it for me. I then went to see him in concert when I was in my twenties – and was so disappointed. He just stood there singing to his feet and mumbling. It’s funny that I am a child of the 70’s and yet the music of the 60’s is what really resonates with me……I suppose it isn’t that funny when I think about the records I grew up playing as a kid.

For Christmas this year I splashed out and bought myself a new record player. I have quite a record collection and had been lamenting for a few years that I couldn’t play them. Kitty & I have been putting records on during the day and dancing around the dining room. Milo thinks its great fun too. I have such fond memories of playing Mum & Dad’s records when I was a kid and making up dances. I think at one stage I even charged my parents to come and see my performance. Ever the entrepreneur!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Morgs

Did you ever listen to Arlo Guthrie? You should have my old Alice's
Restaurant album. He is the son of Woody Guthrie, a very well known old
folk singer, who I think had some influence on Bob Dylan's music.

There was a movie starring Arlo in the late 60's called Alice's
Restaurant as well. The actual song of the same title is so whimsical -
I always loved it. It used to make me laugh every time I heard it.

'You can get everything you want at Alice's Restaurant........' I won't
tell you the rest.......you need to hear it yourself. It's very long, by
the way. So make yourself and Sam a cuppa or grab a glass of wine and
sit down sometime and play it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I used to.

xoxmum

Donna said...

Good blog poost