Tuesday 26 May 2009

Dark Chocolate

I have been excited about writing this week’s blog entry all week because – yep, you guessed it……I love dark chocolate!

As I sat down this afternoon to write - I received an email from my husband at work entitled ‘YOUR AGE BY CHOCOLATE MATHS’.

Well normally he and I come from pretty well the same school of thought on this one – we highly dislike (I won’t say hate) junk emails – so if we are going to send them on – we either had to laugh out loud ourselves or we had to think it was pretty clever and worthy of sending on. Anyway – I did this one as it was serendipitous to my topic and I must admit it is pretty cool……I never know how these things work though – must be a maths geek thing.

DON'T CHEAT BY SCROLLING DOWN FIRST!

It takes less than a minute.

Work this out as you read.

Be sure you don't read the bottom until you've worked it out!

1. First of all, pick the number of times a week that you would like to have chocolate (more than once but less than 10).

2. Multiply this number by 2 (just to be bold).

3. Add 5

4. Multiply it by 50 -- I'll wait while you get the calculator!

5. If you have already had your birthday this year add 1759........... If you haven't, add 1758.

6. Now subtract the four digit year that you were born.

You should have a three digit number.

The first digit of this was your original number (i.e. how many times you want to have chocolate each week).

The next two numbers are……..YOUR AGE! (Oh YES, it is!!)

Apparently - THIS IS THE ONLY YEAR (2009) IT WILL EVER WORK.

Tell me if it doesn’t work for you!

5 comments:

Sam Wills said...

That’s funny love… who would have thought such a thing would get onto your blog…. Ha ha! xx

Kelly Gunn said...

Hi Morg,
I wouldn’t say I love but I do like Dark Chocolate………….. What I love is clever, quirky little things like this, It was right! How do they work???
Oxox Kell

S and O said...

Oh my gosh that totally freaked me out! I'm sitting here like 'how does it know my age?' That's really cool though.

zofia said...

Oh, my lordy! That's amazing! :)

Morgan Wills said...

Crazy huh?! I just find these sort of things amazing as mathematics has never really been my forte!